Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bedtime Routine/ 4 weeks old

We started a bedtime routine last night. Since all of our company has cleared out Abby has had a hard time adjusting to the quiet. Tuesday night she fought sleep for a long time but when she crashed she stayed asleep for five hours! I thought I'd won the lottery. I got up to check on her twice since I had to pump. But I paid the price Wednesday for a quiet night, she never slept for more than 45 minutes. It was a very long-fussy day.

So after talking to our pals Matt & Linda who have a four month old we started Abby's bedtime routine. Which worked magic, Abby cooperated and was asleep by 8:30p and didn't wake until 1:30a for a feeding, YEAH! After falling back asleep at 2a she sleeped until 5:45a. It's wonderful.

Today she's been napping better, much shorter than the 2 hours I was just getting used to but she's not as fussy as she was yesterday.

We are going up to Dave's school this afternoon so she can see where daddy works.

Today Abby is 4 weeks old, seems like forever since she was born. She's getting so big already. Abby is becoming quite the talker ( I don't know where she gets it) she loves laying on her playmat and talking to the animals hanging above her. Here are some latest pictures.

This is how Abby fell asleep in my arms the other night. Such a deep thinker.


I've been trying new styles with Abby's hair. It's getting thinner but I don't think she's going to lose it all, at least I hope not.


1 comment:

Linda and Matthew said...

I'm so glad the routine worked! What did you try?